UniqueMaterial

This is a work of fiction - Absolute Fiction. For my friends at Absolute Write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Let the Adventure Begin

“It was great you could meet me here in New York, CC. I’m glad we could fly to this conference together” Jenna said as she wheeled her carry-on bag through the airport.

“I’m sorry Anthony couldn’t fly with you to the conference” CC replied.
“Well, he’ll join us on Wednesday. He and I will have the rest of the week together and I can take in some of the seminars without feeling bad about leaving him alone.”

CC scratched his chin thoughtfully, “Well, then I guess I won’t feel bad about it; although meeting you here and having a guided tour of the city was a dream come true. I think every writer should visit New York at least once before they die.” As they walked along the airport concourse, CC stopped in front of a framed art poster hanging on the wall. “Look, Jenna! It’s the ‘Stories of Strength’ cover. Isn’t that exciting?”

“This whole project has been an exciting miracle, CC. Who would have thought that our little self-published book would lead to a three book deal with a major publisher? So many more writers have gotten an opportunity to contribute. This whole conference was paid for by our share of the second book so we could write the third book. Now, that’s incredible!”

“Well, you know, Jenna, the more you give away, the more you get back, so this is just a bit of what you deserve coming back to you”, CC said as they lined up to present their boarding passes.

“Oh, Charlie, everyone deserves this. All the writers and editors worked very hard to make it all happen. Besides, I seriously don’t think I could handle world domination.” As CC and Jenna boarded the plane for Asheville, they noticed a copy of ‘Stories of Strength’ peeking from the top of the book bag of the woman in front of them. They poked each other and grinned all the way to their seats.

“Do you think we should tell her? CC asked as he settled in his seat.

“Nah” Jenna replied, “Let’s tell her when we get off the plane.”

“Good thinking – no wonder you’re the chief!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home